1. Calculation of your CO2e footprint
The calculation can be carried out efficiently and quickly thanks to our methodology. For the carbon footprint of the production of your products the data is analysed according to Scope 3. The collection of stakeholder data is an important component here. If desired, we can take over the independent communication with your suppliers or work out reduction strategies with you & your suppliers to reduce or neutralise the CO2e hot spots.
2. Assessment of internal reduction measures and joint implementation
In cooperation with experts and specialized energy consultants, an optimal mix of measures can be compiled to reduce your CO2 footprint. Here, we focus on measures that pay for themselves, such as energy efficiency; even switching to green electricity might save you money.
3. Compensation through certified climate protection projects
Unavoidable residual emissions are then offset though certified compensation projects. These projects meet internationally recognized standards such as the Gold Standards, which among other things ensure a project’s additionality and long-term sustainability
Why your company will benefit from the CO2OP process:
- Climate protection measures can save money already today. For example, electricity from your own solar system often costs less than electricity from the grid, and LED lighting can reduce electricity demands for lighting by half.
- Protecting the climate makes your company more attractive. Especially young employees value a company’s commitment to environmental and climate protection – whether as employees or consumers.
- A stringent climate strategy is becoming more and more important for your partners. More and more banks and companies are requiring their customers and suppliers to disclose greenhouse gas emissions.
- Climate neutrality contributes to achieving the goal of net-zero emissions by 2050. As a climate-neutral company, you contribute to limit global warming and help to maintain the quality of life for our and future generations.